Who We Are:
At Electric Ireland Superhomes we empower our customers to achieve warmer, healthier, low-carbon homes. Our purpose is guiding Irish homeowners through the home energy retrofit process to deliver on Ireland’s climate action targets.
Through our One-Stop-Shop we offer professional services through design and oversight of whole house energy efficiency solutions. Electric Ireland Superhomes offers a fulfilling career in a future-focused industry, particularly for those interested in supporting Ireland’s energy transition.
Student Work Placement 2022/23:
This year, we have an exciting opportunity for undergraduate engineering students with an interest in energy engineering and sustainability to join the Electric Ireland Superhomes Student Work Placement. This placement will give participants valuable work experience, professional development and industry connections before finishing their undergraduate courses.
- Working with clients (mainly homeowners, architects and Approved Housing Bodies) to understand their energy needs, identifying appropriate retrofit solutions.
- Supporting the Engineering team in the design and implementation of heat pump led, deep retrofit whole-house solutions with renewable energy.
- Conducting energy audits alongside engineering colleagues and assisting in pre and post-energy analysis.
- Inputting to our document management system and contributing to key data and document management activities that form part of the home energy retrofit process.
- Assisting with the application for, and draw down of, grant funding from the SEAI on behalf of homeowners.
- Supporting the wider Engineering team with ad hoc activities as required.
- Be currently studying an undergraduate degree in Energy Engineering or related discipline (Mech, Elec, Civil, Arch, Build Services, Environment etc.)
- Be available to complete a 6 to 12-month work placement in 2023; please state your availability (i.e. length of placement, start date, finish date) in your application
- Have Excel and Database management experience
- Have excellent communication skills, ability to collaborate, and attention to detail
- Be able to prioritise workloads and work effectively to deadlines
- Be a proven self-starter and self-motivated
- Have an understanding of climate change, energy use and the relationship between the two
- A full clean driving licence and use of a car is desirable
Electric Ireland Superhomes head office is based in Thurles, Co. Tipperary. This role will be a mix of working at our Thurles office, remote working and occasional site visits. You will be provided with a laptop and other equipment required to work remotely.