At Electric Ireland Superhomes we empower our customers to achieve warmer, healthier, low-carbon homes. Our purpose is guiding Irish homeowners through the home energy retrofit process to deliver on Ireland’s climate action targets. Through our One-Stop-Shop we offer professional services through design and oversight of whole house energy efficiency solutions.
To support our growth ambitions we are currently recruiting Retrofit Energy Engineers across Ireland. Our team of Retrofit Energy Engineers deliver an excellent service for our customers, through the design and implentation of whole-house deep retrofit solutions.
This role presents an exciting opportunity for someone looking to progress their career in the growth field of energy engineering and sustainability.
- Delivering a One-Stop-Shop energy retrofitting service to private home-owners, housing providers and wider stakeholders in the delivery of 2030 targets for domestic retrofit
- Design and implementation of deep retrofit whole house solutions with renewable energy upgrades, including heat pumps
- Carrying out home surveys, including full BER analysis and examination of building fabric and heating system
- Working with customers (mainly homeowners) to understand their energy needs, identifying and delivering appropriate retrofit solutions
- Recommending fully-bespoke and costed packages of retrofit measures to bring homes to the Electric Ireland Superhomes standard
- Issuing works to tender to Electric Ireland Superhomes approved contractors
- Carrying out checks on works in progress; managing customer expectations and monitoring delivery
- Conducting final inspections and snagging prior to final independent BER assessment
- Handover on retrofit project completion, including customer tutorials demonstrating how to operate and maintain new energy systems
- Degree (Level 8) in Energy Engineering or related discipline (Mech, Elec, Civil, Arch, Build Services, Environment etc.)
- Knowledge of building products, construction details, relevant building codes, regulations, and quality standards
- Ability to understand technical aspects of building energy performance and construction generally
- Knowledge in particular areas such as heat pumps, heating systems, solar PV, and fabric upgrades
- Able to prioritise workloads and work effectively to deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels in client organisations.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an integral part of a team, as well as individually
- Full Driver’s License, and own transport
- Experience in energy efficient design of buildings or building services
- Knowledge of current building regulations, NSAI SR54, and / or SEAI Technical Standards for residential retrofit
- Good Understanding & User of DEAP3 & DEAP4 BER software
- Knowledge & understanding of Construction Health & Safety Legislation
- Experience in AutoCAD/REVIT or other similar tools
Electric Ireland Superhomes head office is based in Thurles, Co. Tipperary, however we are recruiting engineers based across Ireland. Travel will be a feature of this role. This role will be a blend of site-based, office-based and remote working.
Electric Ireland Superhomes is recruiting Retrofit Energy Engineers on an ongoing basis. We are primarily recruiting for a Q1 2023 start date