An opportunity has arisen to recruit an Accounts Assistant to work with our Electric Ireland Superhomes Finance Team. Through our One-Stop-Shop we offer professional services; design and project management of whole house energy efficiency solutions and help with access to finance such as grant support. Electric Ireland Superhomes has nationwide reach and will play a pivotal part in the energy transition in Ireland. This is a busy team that is embarking on planned large-scale growth.
The person will be flexible, highly motivated and have experience working in a multi-disciplinary team. Reporting to the Head of Finance, this person will mainly be responsible for the accounts payable function and supporting the production of monthly management accounts for Electric Ireland Superhomes and Projects. Engaging with customers, contractors, and funders on a regular basis, this role requires strong attention to detail and candidates should have capacity to deliver accurate work on time in a busy working environment.
- Ensure efficient set-up of suppliers, invoice processing, and payments to suppliers.
- Assist with the financial administration of the Electric Ireland Superhomes projects including purchase orders, filing, maintenance of the in-house systems.
- Support and work towards deadlines and month-end/quarterly/annual reporting
- Aid in Accounts Payable and Relevant Tax Compliance Duties, Forecasting, Banking Transactions and General Reconciliations as required
- Accounts support to EU project reporting; processing and submission of financial claims.
- Support the introduction of new systems and processes, looking at ways to improve our processes
- Continuously build and nurture relationships with cross-functional teams, contractors and other stakeholders
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes.
- Minimum Qualification: Accounting Technician or QQI Level 5 in Accounting or Business-related field is a distinct advantage.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong communication skills and experience with communicating with a multi-discipline team, clients, contractors etc.
- Book-keeping and reporting experience.
- Experience in a deadline driven office environment
- Experience with relevant contracts tax (RCT) and construction projects
- Experience dealing with Government agencies
- Interest in sustainable energy or sustainable development.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to be discreet and manage sensitive data.
- Good team player, with ability to conduct work with the utmost confidentiality, professionalism, and integrity.
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Flexible with a positive work attitude
Electric Ireland Superhomes head office is based in Thurles, Co. Tipperary. This role offers a blend of office-based and remote working, with a requirement of two days per week to be worked from our office in Thurles.