An opportunity has arisen to recruit a Claims/Account Administrator to work with our Electric Ireland Superhomes Team. Through our One-Stop-Shop we offer professional services through design and oversight of whole house energy efficiency solutions and help with access to finance such as grant support and coordination. Electric Ireland Superhomes have nationwide reach and will be pivotal part in the energy transition in Ireland. This is a busy team that is embarking on planned large-scale growth.
The person will be flexible, highly motivated and have experience working in a multi-disciplinary team. Reporting to the Head of Finance, this person will mainly be responsible for the efficient set-up and processing of grant claims and payments and supporting the production of monthly management accounts for Electric Ireland Superhomes and Projects. Engaging with customers, contractors, and funders on a regular basis, this role requires strong attention to detail and candidates should have capacity to deliver accurate work on time in a busy working environment.
- Ensure efficient set-up, processing, grant claims and payment of grants.
- Assist with the financial administration of the Electric Ireland Superhomes projects including contracts, filing and maintenance of the in-house systems.
- Support and work towards deadlines and month-end/quarterly/annual reporting
- Aid in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables, Credit Control Duties, Banking Transactions and General Reconciliations as required
- Accounts support to EU project reporting; processing and submission of financial claims.
- Support the introduction of new systems and processes, look at ways to implement process improvements
- Continuously build and nurture relationships with clients and contractors
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes.
- Minimum Qualification: Accounting Technician or QQI Level 5 in Accounting or Business-related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong communication skills and experience with communicating with a multi-discipline team, clients, contractors etc.
- Book-keeping and reporting experience
- Experience in a deadline-driven office environment
- Experience with grant funding or payment processing
- Experience dealing with Government agencies
- Interest in sustainable energy or sustainable development
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to be discreet and manage sensitive data.
- Good team player, with ability to conduct work with the utmost confidentiality, professionalism, and integrity.
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Flexible with a positive work attitude
Electric Ireland Superhomes head office is based in Thurles. This role will be a blend of office based and remote working.